Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh, how I love thee, Fall Break!

Two little words that make every teacher's day when brought up in October: Fall. Break.

Fall break = Three days of absolute bliss, where there is no school, no students, no alarm going off at 6 a.m., no papers to grade (well, that's not entirely true...), nada. Three days where I can sit back, relax, and do things for me.

Too bad my to-do list is about a mile long. *sigh* Clean the house, do laundry, put away laundry, school things (I know, right? It's fall break. I must be crazy for thinking about school.), packing, brainstorming for my Halloween, costume, the list goes on. My cleaning list alone is prety long. The house has been neglected pretty badly recently, due to crazy busy-ness at school. Maybe I'll finally get around to hanging things up in my bedroom, also. I mean, I've only lived in this house for two months now. It's about time. I probably should've have started working on this list when I got up, but I just can't bring myself to get up out of my recliner and get to work. I haven't even put my contacts in yet. My motivation is really lacking today. I just want to relax on my break. I'll get around. Eventually.

I've also decided that I'm going to start my knitting again. I decided a while ago that I was going to knit scarves for my other team teachers for Christmas, and I figure if I have any chance at getting them finished, I should probably start now. So, I'm going to dig out my knitting needles and get to work. I'm sure you're thinking, "But what about your quilt?" Well, it's still there. Sitting in my sewing tub. And I'll get back to it eventually. But I'm not on a deadline for that, and I need to get these scarves done for Christmas. But one of these days, I promise I will get back to the sewing machine.

Back to fall break. The roommate and I are finally returning to Stillwater! This weekend is OSU's Homecoming (the biggest Homecoming the nation!) and we are so excited. We haven't been back to Stillwater since this summer, so this trip is long overdue. We're heading out Thursday to spend a long weekend with our fellow OSU fans. We're hoping to come home with another W on the schedule, especially since it's Homecoming, and we're playing a higher ranked team. And we're currently undefeated. Let's keep that goose egg on the right where it belongs. I sure do love those Cowboys.

I'm also pulling for another W for the Yankees. They're behind in the series right now with the Rangers and it makes me really sad. They need to get on that, put the Rangers away, and make an appearance in the World Series again. And preferably win it, like last year. I have faith in them.

Well, my to-do list is sitting here, staring me in the face. I'm running out of time before I leave, so I guess I better get on that.

No comments: