Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So, at the moment, school and getting ready to move is occupying most of my time. Let's start with school...



My kids are preeeeeetty darn cool. I have a lot of ornery boys, but it'll be ok. I usually like the ornery ones. In total, I will see approximately 105 kids a day. Yes, I said "a day." I've got the names of my homeroom kids down, but I'm still working on the other 80 kids' names. But I'm getting there. I started a 26-week writing project this week. Sounds crazy, I know, but it follows the letters of the alphabet. That's why it's so long. Anyways, I read a couple of the kids' A entries, and some of them are so good! I think we're gonna end up with some really good "alphabiographies." Life is good in sixth grade. I have fewer lessons to plan and more time to do it. I am really looking forward to it all.

As for moving.... we've been waiting to move for about a month now. The house we're moving into is being remodeled, and we've been waiting for it to be finished. We've spent a considerable amount of time doing some painting there. We have to be out of our apartment by Tuesday, which means everything moved out, apartment deep cleaned, and checked out with the landlord. Soooo, we're going to be packing and moving a lot this weekend. Which means a lot of my free time in the upcoming weeks will be spent unpacking and settling in, as well as keeping up with school and going to the Y. Which, I'm going to start doing every day, along with one of the fifth grade teachers from my school, starting in September.

It's going to be interesting!!

No comments: